Key Worker Survey
This online survey is designed to help families who are identifying themselves as key workers gain access to further educational support from school. It will help the Academy establish the number of children seeking provision in light of the government’s revised strategy and phased emergence from lockdown. While completing the survey, please keep these principles in mind:
- If it is at all possible, children who are not in Year 10 (identified for face-to-face sessions) should remain at home.
- Parents/carers are reminded that they should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in stringent social distancing, such as grandparents, friends or family members with underlying health conditions.
- Parents/carers should do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially, in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
With these principles in mind, during the phased return to education from the lock down our Academy is able to accommodate learners who have parents/carers that have been defined by the government as key workers.
The government have defined keyworkers as:
- NHS and healthcare workers
- Social care and social workers
- Police officers
- Prison officers
- School teachers
- Members of the emergency services
- Utility workers (gas, electric, water/sewage)
- Postal workers
- Members of the armed forces
- Supermarket staff and supermarket delivery drivers
- Food production, processing and distribution workers.
- Parents/carers whose children have EHC plans
- Carers of Looked After Children or those whose child is supported by a social worker
In order to support the Academy in planning for this transitory period, we are requesting that ONLY the parents/carers who have been defined by the government as key workers, complete this survey.