Free School Meals
The Free School Meals entitlement can be applied for where the parent’s income satisfies the following conditions at the time of applying:
- Universal Credit (provided monthly net earned income of less than £616.66, after tax and not including any benefits)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-On – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If you believe your child should be eligible for Free School Meals based on these criteria, you can apply now. A paper copy of the application form can be collected from your academy, or applications can be made online via http://www.telford.gov.uk/info/20028/school_meals/9/free_school_meals.
If your circumstances subsequently change and you are no longer entitled to Free School Meals, your child’s school will continue to receive funding to support your child for 6 years. All matters regarding Free School Meals are treated confidentially and your child will be using our cashless catering system along with all of their classmates.
Free School Meals are administered on behalf of Beacon Hill Academy by Telford and Wrekin Council.